Although there is the option of having carpet cleaning avondale az as often as you want, there are ways to look after the carpet that may mean you must go through this a little less often. Carpet care is not hard to learn and before you know it, you will be looking after your carpets as if you had always known the best way to treat them. You can begin before the carpet cleaning session begins, but you can always pick the brains of the professionals who come to help you. It may not be the same as you won’t have their equipment, but as a team, you can make a difference.
Tips for Carpet Care
There are only a few main steps so there is no reason not to stick to them.
- Choose the correct vacuum cleaner. This may seem obvious but it is easy to buy one that looks good rather than one that will do what you want. A CRI approved one will always fit the bill.
- Make sure that anything that is spilled or dropped onto the carpet is dealt with right away. The quicker the mark is gone, the less chance there is of permanent damage.
- Be careful about what you put on the carpet. You don’t want to use a harsh product that is going to do more damage than the initial stain.
- Have a professional clean at least every 18 months – 12 would be better but that is not always practical for many reasons.
If you can cut the dirt off at the pass, you will have fewer problems. Train the family well and you are giving the carpets a fighting chance. Teach them a few simple rules that will help keep the carpets new looking for longer.
- Take off shoes – this way there is no chance that grime from outdoors can come indoors.
- Mats – teach everyone to ensure that they give their feet a good wipe before they even enter the home.
- Air filter – if these are renewed on a regular basis, they will pick up a lot of particles of dust before they can drop into the carpets.
It may seem a little like turkeys voting for Christmas, but a good quality carpet cleaning avondale az company will give you tips to look after the carpet so that you only need to call them out when it is necessary.
So, do you really need to learn how to vacuum?
With carpets, you need to be gentle and not damage the pile. If this happens, it will bend down and the dirt that gets in will stay in. The more you do this, the more it will start to look damaged and threadbare. Two or three movements in the same area should be plenty.
- Remember that dust can hide in the corners so don’t forget them.
- Leave the carpet until last – this means you only do it once – not before and after the curtains and blinds.
- To ensure all the dust goes in, change bags or empty cylinders regularly.
- Vacuum the right number of times – daily in areas where the pets hang out, a couple of times a week in the main part of the house and weekly in other areas just to get all the dust up.
The carpet cleaner Avondale AZ companies will be pleased to work on a carpet that has been well looked after and well cleaned before they get there. They will give the area a clean before starting, but if you have looked after the carpets, you are giving them a better chance of obtaining amazing results.